Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Two Thumbs Up!


In Steven's case, it's more like 1 1/2

After a busy morning, I waited until Steven was in for round two of cognitive testing to track down his oncologist and ask about his MRI results. My heart was in my throat while I waited for his oncologist to come see me, but he came out with two thumbs up and a smile before telling me he'd see me Thursday.

Tomorrow is the MRI of his spine, and Thursday morning is the lumbar puncture. With a clear brain MRI, the probability of finding anything in his spine or cerebrospinal fluid is lessened.

We found this bug this morning out in front of Grizzlies House today on our way to Steven's appointments, along with two others that had been smashed. They weren't there yesterday late in the day.

Anxiety occurs on all different levels, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to venture out of Grizzlies House at night again without wondering if we'll encounter one of these while its still alive.

It feels good to take a deep breath again. With much gratitude and thanksgiving, we're heading out to a movie now while it's still light (before the bugs come out).

Thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts.

- Kathleen



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares