Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

My Pots Of Gold

I do love them, ever so much, even though they're still works in progress.

So, here's today's homework.


Sean's 3rd grade class is introducing themselves to each other. The underlined part is what Sean filled in.

Name: Sean
I'm special because I have a brother that is ten years old and his name is Steven.
My favorite subject in school is math because math it is very fun.
A person I admire is Steven because he is my brother.
When I grow up I'd like to be a foot ball player. because I think that it is fun.
I wish I could go on a trip to Alaska because it is a beautiful place.
The thing I like best about myself is that I am good at golf because I get a trophy every time I get in the top six in a golf tournament.

(Sean, I wish you'd asked me about that last one)


Steven's class is setting goals for themselves this year. Steven wrote this by himself up in his room, it took him over an hour, but he told me he was thinking really hard about what his goals should be.

Goals For This Year

  • This year I hope to do better at concentrating on my school and homework.
  • I would like to have at least one person from my class that I can call a true friend.
  • I also want to get faster at math and writing.
  • These goals will give me some challenges, these challenges that I know I can take on.
  • If I have to, I will find my pot of gold.

It's a little heartbreaking to me to see Steven listing concentration and speed as two of his goals, these are two things that are classic side effects of radiation to the brain, and they usually get worse over time, not better.

But he's amazing. If anyone can do it, he can.

I know I've already found my pots of gold.

- Kathleen



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares