Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Laundry and the Tooth Fairy

I mentioned in a previous post about Sean's obsession with wearing tan shorts year round, all the time.

At our annual shopping trip during the summer, where I buy Sean 90% of the clothes he will need for the next year, I purchased four new pairs of tan shorts. He hasn't gotten rid of the shorts from the previous year because they still fit. Kind of. He can get them most of the way zipped up.

I sometimes wonder what his friend's mothers think when they see him show up day after day in what appears to be the same set of shorts, and because they're light-colored, they always look dirty except when he's just put them on.

Sean is a very physical kid, and he loves playing football and baseball and sliding in the dirt and rolling around on the ground with the dog, so nothing light-colored stays clean for long on him.

He's got 6 pairs of tan shorts, 4 that fit and 2 of the previous year's 4 that are still semi-wearable.

He also owns jeans and shorts in different colors like blue, black and gray, but to Sean tan shorts go with everything.

Some of those shorts can't be gotten completely clean any more, but I do my best.

So today in the laundry, I see these shorts (above). I notice a small tear in the back, but what's that silvery stuff under the tear?

Duct tape. Well, he's resourceful. I personally would prefer not to be washing the family laundry with duct-taped clothing items in the dryer, but Sean is a man of the moment. I've thrown these shorts away once, but Sean apparently resurrected them.

Then, I'm changing the sheets on his bed and I find the above note (click on the photos to make them larger). Sean is supposed to be making his own bed these days, and that has affected the tooth fairy's promptness in noticing such items in his bed. But $100? I think I used to get a quarter or something.

The tooth fairy responds. She puts it under his pillow.

We'll see if he finds it when he wakes up. Depends on whether or not he makes his bed like he's supposed to.

We're getting ready to travel to my parents house for Thanksgiving at my sister Elizabeth's house.

Tooth story to be continued...

Happy Thanksgiving!

- Kathleen

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda: said...

I love it! Thanks for stopping by my blog. So nice to put a face to a name I've known all these years :)

Hope all is well.

December 18, 2008 10:23 AM  
Blogger michigan_herrs said...

Don't let Sean give my Scotty idea's. I forgot his tooth money for a month!!! Opps. Bad mommy!

Love the duck tape...future engineer!

December 20, 2008 1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares