Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Tropical Turkey Dreams

Tropical breezes...

Lazy days on the beach...

Great fishing (Steven's first deep-sea fishing experience netted him this 152-lb marlin)...

Sean brought in an 11-lb skipjack tuna...

Breathtaking views along the Na Pali Coastline...

July 2003, two months before our lives changed forever, that was us.

We're headed back, missing some hair, bruised and a little the worse for wear, but heaven knows we need this vacation. This will be the first time since August 2003 that we've travelled anywhere for something that didn't have to do with brain tumors.

We leave early Wednesday morning for Kauai. We'll be eating turkey in the tropics this year, we'll fly home December 2nd, just in time for the Christmas frenzy.

Praying that this trip heals some of our wounds...

- Kathleen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathy,
My name is Carol and I'm Regina Tan's "Chemo Angel." I've been reading your blogs for a few weeks now. You write very well, from the heart, and have had me in tears several times. I just wanted to say hello and that I think Steven is a very special young man. I am so glad that his tests at St. Jude's came back okay....and I hope you all have a wonderful vacation and a great Thanksgiving.
Carol :)

November 15, 2004 7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares