Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Monday, November 08, 2004

How Long?

How long before we forget what it's like to bury a child?

How long before each trip to Memphis stops feeling like a near-death experience?

How long before I stop imagining how we could possibly live our lives without him?

How long before I have confidence that things are OK even when I can't see his face?

How long before the first thing I think of in the morning is the same as my last thought before falling asleep the night before?

How long before a headache goes back to just being something you take Tylenol for?

How long before a bout with stomach flu doesn't end up requiring a CT scan?

How long before I can tuck him in at night without tears in my eyes?

How long before the exact same prayer stops running in my head during all my waking hours?

How long before he stops worrying about saying something that might upset me?

How long before I can look at him without a lump in my throat?

Thank you, dear Lord, for another day with our sweet boy.

Tonight we lit candles for our St. Jude friends Byron and Garrett, sweet boys, may they fly with the angels ...

- Kathleen



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares