Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Monday, November 01, 2004

We've Got a Prayer in Memphis

They`ve got catfish on the table
They`ve got gospel in the air
And Reverend Green be glad to see you
When you haven`t got a prayer
But boy you`ve got a prayer in Memphis
Marc Cohn

Tomorrow morning at 7 am Steven and I leave for the land of catfish and gospel. A short trip back to cancer land, where everything is about cancer and survival and side effects of treatment and a time where bad events of the past and our deepest fears of the future come to pay us a call.

Those deepest fears sit where they should sit most of the time, down deep, but each trip back to Memphis dredges those fears violently to the surface where they take on new life and energy.

Steven sleeps through most of his MRI, I'm always glad that he can't see me while I cry, bargain and pray for good results.

The MRI is Wednesday at 3:30 pm. Hearing and Endocrine tests on Thursday, then we fly home.

Our prayer this time is for those magic words-- "No Change".

- Kathleen

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen D said...

Hi Kathy!!!

Me and Regina wont be in the hospital on Wednesday. REginas counts are almost totally recovered. SHe does not need GCSF anymore . SO we get to have short 2 day vacation from hospital.
If you get a chance give me a call and we can catch dinner together( I can cook here in Target house). I can pick you up anytime. Just let me know. :)

DIana

November 02, 2004 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares