Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Birthday, Open House, and a Much-Desired Break


Happy Birthday, Dad!

I traveled north to my parents' house last weekend to celebrate my dad's birthday. No kids, Sean had a baseball game and Steven was desperately trying to finish up the project he's been working on for the last month or so.


My mom

They will have been married 50 years in October and we're planning a party for them. My sister Janet was interviewing them on videotape about how they met and came to be married.

50-year marriages are few and far between these days, my mom and my dad are amazing and I love them.


Sean's best friend Drew as the Earth

Open House at the kid's school was last week. Sean's third grade class performed a play, "Vacation To Mars". They've been working on it really hard for a couple of months and they did a great job.


Sean as a mechanic

Steven's third grade class performed the same play, but it was one of the things we missed when we were in Memphis. Sean was ever so nervous, but he did great.


Steven and his moon report

Steven got to show off the fruits of his labor at the open house, the report he's been working on for the last month about space travel the first men to land on the moon.

He made a video to go with it too, it was great, if I can ever get his school to get it to me on CD I'll post it.

We're about to head to northern California for spring break. We'll be in Aptos for a few days, on the Monterey Bay, at the same place we go every year for the Jordan and Kyra golf tournament.

Depending on the weather (which is very unreliable at this time of year), we may make our return trip on highway 1, the beautiful 2-lane coast route along the cliffs with panoramic views and the threat of a 600-foot plunge into the ocean to keep us awake and on the road in the correct lane.

Zach is home and going to rehab and is improving rapidly.

We're so happy to be having a small vacation...

- Kathleen



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares