Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Monday, March 21, 2005

In Like A Lamb

Palm Sunday, the day of the year where I sit in church with tears streaming down my cheeks, every single time.

On the way to church, Sean tells me, "Mama, you wouldn't be so sad if you just didn't listen to the whole thing. When you start feeling sad, just look around and think of other things."

Sean should know, he's an expert, but I love him anyway.


Sean's first ever Little League Game

We had a beautiful weekend to celebrate the beginning of spring, but the weather forecast calls for four solid days of rain starting tomorrow. In anticipation of all this additional rain, we're starting to scout for good sources of gopher wood and pitch so we can build ourselves a really, really big boat.


Steven enjoying the great weather at the park

Today is Sean's First Reconciliation. In the packet they give to all the parents, the following sheet was included. I like it, it's a nice reminder to us parents that our kids are learning from our actions.

When You Thought I Wasn't Looking

When you thought I wasn't looking,
you put my drawing on the bulletin board.
And I was inspired to draw another and another.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
you were nice to the class misfit.
And I felt bad that we had hurt his feelings.

When you thought I wasn't looking
I saw how you used the Bible.
And I began to respect the word of God.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
you stood up to greet a visitor.
And I learned what it means to be welcoming.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
you said please and thank you.
And I saw the importance of courtesy.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
you kept a bully from picking on a smaller boy.
And I saw what justice can do.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I heard the way you prayed.
And I knew there was a God I could always talk to.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I saw you go out of your way to recycle an aluminum can.
And I understood how important the environment is.

When you thought I wasn't looking,
I was indeed looking.
And I want to say thank you for all the things I saw
when you thought I wasn't looking.
-Page McKean Zyromski

I hope my kids will remember me as doing good things even when I thought they weren't looking.

- Kathleen



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares