Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Cycle 4, Day +6: No Mo' Chemo!

Today marks another milestone in our journey. Steven received his last dose of chemotherapy, a dose of vincristine as an outpatient in the medicine room.

We wanted to have a little celebration for him, but today is not the day. His blood counts are zero, and will probably remain so for a week, so we can't go out. I was going to try and make him something special, but he's not completely up to it, and I'm sick with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and headache-- a plain vanilla cold virus I think.

We spent 2 1/2 hours in the medicine room today, in addition to Steven's last chemo, he also got GCSF, benadryl (to try and head off any allergic reaction to platelets), and a platelet transfusion.

He's still feeling great, and I'm doing everything in my power not to share my cold with him or anyone else for that matter, in this case, my misery doesn't want any company.

The next two days will probably tell whether or not we'll dodge a fever, if he gets one, I expect it to show up tomorrow or Friday. Starting Friday, our 80-degree weather will be back, we're hoping we'll get to enjoy the sun directly instead of through the window of a hospital room.

- Kathleen



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares