Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam
Steven and Sean on the Polar Bear Cam

Sunday, April 19, 2009

My Miraculous Mom


Mom and Steven

My mom got out of surgery on Saturday around 1:15 pm, but they didn't remove the breathing tube until around 7:30 pm.

We got to see her a little after 8:00 pm, and although she was painted with betadine from head to the tips of her toes (literally), she looked good and was laughing and talking, albeit a bit trembly and shaky.


She's talking to Steven

Sunday she woke up wiped out and refused visitors all day. I waited until around 5:00 pm when I had to head back to San Diego and I went over to the hospital, where I was going to beg for at least a peek at her before I had to drive home.

When I showed up she was happy to see me and Steven and we got to visit for 20 minutes or so.


Doesn't she look great?

My mom, our miracle.

- Kathleen

1 Comments:

Blogger michigan_herrs said...

she looks fabulous. I see where you all get your fighting spirit.

April 20, 2009 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



< ? Blogging Mommies # >
Listed on BlogShares